Welcome to ELIA Wellness, a health promotion charity empowering you to whole-person health, healing and hope!
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH WITH ELIA WELLNESS
When people think about health, they usually think about balancing physical and mental health – they forget an important part of health, which is spiritual health.
You can be physically fit and mentally depressed. You can be positive and physically unhealthy. Or you can be physically healthy, and mentally positive yet feel empty inside, and may feel like life has no meaning. Whole-person health is about addressing more than just physical and mental health, to prevent and manage chronic disease.
DID YOU KNOW THAT 9 OUT OF 10 DEATHS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ARE DUE TO CHRONIC DISEASES AND MANY CAN BE PREVENTED BY BETTER LIFESTYLE CHOICES? (1)
Achieve whole-person health through the 7 Dimensions of Wellness so you can live a healthier and happier life with purpose:
1. Physically Energised: eating and drinking well, moving, resting and sleeping well.
2. Emotionally Thriving: having a positive mindset and outlook, emotional intelligence.
3. Environmentally Attuned: being in an uplifting physical environment.
4. Intellectually Engaged: keeping the mind healthy through learning and thinking.
5. Socially Connected: through social network, engagement and relationships.
6. Spiritually Empowered: having hope, gratitude, purpose and meaning in life.
7. Vocationally Enriched: serving others with kindness and compassion.
ELIA Wellness is a health promotion charity that empowers people to achieve whole-person health, healing and hope because we care about the community. We partner with expert health professionals to provide evidence-based resources to help manage and prevent disease through whole-person health.
ELIA stands for Empower Lifestyle Innovation Advocates and is an initiative of Adventist Health, under the corporate umbrella of Adventist Healthcare Limited, a sister organization of the Sydney Adventist Hospital.
We are here to help you on your wellness journey. Discover all the wonderful benefits of a healthier lifestyle with our:
· Free whole-person health articles, videos and factsheets;
· Evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine health programs and plans;
· Create a FREE Member Account and access 30 FREE ELIA Fitness online workouts and so much more!
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHOLE-PERSON HEALTH AND HELP OTHERS TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIVES?
We encourage you to reflect on what you learn and most importantly, take action to make the changes needed to help you live a healthier and happier life!
It is our mission to educate the community on better health and as a health promotion charity, we rely on donations and support to help us fund our resources. We want to help those who can't afford to pay health experts and are grateful for the medical and health professionals who have partnered with us to provide free content. We charge a small fee for some of our online programs, so we can continue to provide free health checks for the community and health awareness for those in need.
Your donations enable us to invest in our resources so we can help others. If you would like to support us or to find out more, please contact [email protected]
Learn about whole-person health with 100+ evidence-based articles, videos, factsheets and research compiled by leading health and medical professionals here, at your fingertips for easy access.
Create a FREE Member account now or sign here to access some of our online courses that you can take in the comfort of your home or office, including:
EMPOWERED AND PURPOSEFUL LIVING
ELIA Wellness is here to help you take charge of your health and to help you thrive in life. Whole-person health is more than just addressing physical and mental health. You can be physically fit and mentally depressed. You can be positive and physically unhealthy. Or you can be physically healthy, and mentally positive yet feel empty inside, and are searching for a deeper meaning to life.
1. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2014 Australia's Health 2014. Australia's health series no. 14. Cat. no. AUS 178. Canberra: AIHW.
Did you know that cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide? It’s so important now more than ever to invest in your health and wellness to reduce your risk of cancer.Learn more
Adopt lifestyle changes that have been proven to reduce the risk of cancer. Start your new tomorrow, today!Learn more